Friday, June 7, 2013

Vendor of the Month - Moondance Designs

This month's star vendor is Laura Solano. She owns Moondance Designs and is offering a 15% discount on all her items.

She is really a partner in the store and brings a different twist on our knitcentric view. I asked her a few questions so you could get to know her better. She generally works on Fridays and the
occasional Saturday so stop by and say Hi.


1.  I've always been a girlie girl who has a passion for jewelry and clothing.  I started designing jewelry about 11 years ago when I moved back to Los Alamos from Denver mainly to keep me sane.  I was hooked from the start and have been hard at it ever since.  The clothing and vintage items became part of my business a couple years ago out of my desire to recycle, reuse and also keep a part of the past. 



2.  My inspiration comes from many sources.  I tend to design based on what I love and not so much on the current trends (unless there is one I really like).  I am drawn to styles that are unique and often make only one item of any design so my pieces tend to be one-of-a-kind. 



3.  Currently I am the most excited about my pursuit of vintage treasures.  I resell items that are in good condition, repair items that are repairable, and re-purpose those that have parts and pieces that I can add to my own designs. 



4.  Some of my favorite items are:  filigree components, lace, velvet,  and Czech glass buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment